Our community believes in ending hunger. And, in 2020, we will continue to fight against the new challenges of disease and disaster that leave people hungry. Join with us in raising funds to help neighbors near and far get the meals they need this year. We know you are dedicated and care about hunger in your community and worldwide.
Celebrate with our 35th annual Boulder County CROP Hunger Walk to be held this year in October as a modified walk. Funds raised from our Boulder County walk will benefit three important groups: Church World Service, Bread for the World, and our local Community Food Share serving Boulder and Broomfield counties.
Options for this year include:
1) walking from Mountain View UMC on October 25th beginning at 1:00 pm. We will gather briefly for a send-off at 1:00 p.m. and then stagger individuals or small groups walking together every 30 minutes thereafter. (Note: Please remember to wear masks, socially distance, bring a water bottle, and a lawn chair, if you wish;
2) walking with whom you feel comfortable in your own neighborhood; e.g. walking the halls of Frasier Retirement Community;
3) Rocking in a rocking chair in your own residence.
During the pandemic, it’s understandable if you feel helpless in the face of the many challenges in our world. So many of us are taking every precaution we can to keep ourselves and loved ones safe in the face of this terrifying virus. We watch from the safety of our homes as people are truly suffering, losing income, and finding themselves food insecure. There are so many ways that we can take action to make a difference. One of those ways is supporting the Boulder County CROP Walk, whether you walk, donate, or solicit donations. Your donation will help people here in Boulder County, in the United States, and across the world wherever the need is greatest. Taking action is one way to push back the fear and anxiety and truly help those in need.
Here’s how to Sign up (Walkers or Rockers)
1. Go to: crophungerwalk.org
2. At top of page, click on: Find Your Walk
3. Search by typing in: Mountain View United Methodist Church
4. Scroll down to link and click on: Join Our Team
5. Add your name and Register
Here’s How to Donate:
1. Make an online donation to a Mountain View UMC Walker. Go to:
2. Send a check to the church made out to Church World Service or CWS.
For Walkers/Rockers: Email friends/family from CROP Individual page
It’s really easy and good way for team members to contact folks for donations is to email them individual pages by clicking EMAIL from the top navigation bar. You can enter email addresses or allow CROP to access your contact list and choose which specific contacts you wish to send to. Safe and secure.