Over the course of 10 days, Mt. View’s senior high youth and sponsors will connect with a team from St. Luke’s UMC in Highlands Ranch for a trip of a lifetime in Guatemala. Thank you to all who partnered with them in financial support.
Now we can all be partners, even in Boulder, as we “participate” in mission with the team through prayer, intentional action, and reading scripture. Each day of the trip, people of Mt. View can follow a schedule of simple devotions to connect and lift up the Guatemala team.
- May 25: Team flies to Guatemala. Say a prayer for safe travels, no illness, and new connections to be made even on day one. Pray for their hearts and minds to be open to all they meet and experience.
- May 26: Team goes to the market. Look in your pantry or grocery list. Is there something you could give away or buy for someone else with the intention of blessing them? Bring it to church for the Community Food Share.
- May 27: Team attends church and visits a company that makes small, cost- effective water filters for individuals and villages. Drink a glass of water in a reusable glass in solidarity with all those struggling to have safe, clean water.
- May 28: Team meets the families and starts building homes. Greet a new person by name today at the store, bank, or school.
- May 29: Team works on the house and plays with kids. Greet a child that you meet by name. Say a prayer of gratitude for each window in your house.
May 30: Team meets sponsor students. Pray for Mt. View children and sponsor children as brothers and sisters who can grow in God’s wisdom.
- May 31: Team continues to build up cinder blocks for the homes. Pray for perseverance and read 1 Cor. 9:24: Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it.
- June 1: Team finishes their work and plays a final soccer match. Play outside and/or walk outside and say thank you for your world.
- June 2: Team visits the botanical gardens. It’s a weekend! Find delight in something green as you garden, take a walk or visit a park.
- June 3: Team flies home. Pray thanksgiving for safe travels and friendships made. Pray for reintegration and ways to take the experience into life.