Children & Family Ministries
Our children and family ministry programs:
- Teach kids of all ages that they are loved by God, no matter what.
- Encourage kids to share God’s love with others through service and simple acts of kindness.
- Remind families to never stop growing in their spiritual and faith development.
- Offer a safe place for children and families of all kinds to come and enjoy community, fellowship, and God’s love.
Christ’s Carousel Sunday School
What is Christ’s Carousel?
- It is an exciting adventure for kids in preschool through fifth grade based on the rotation model for Sunday School.
- It starts at 9:00 and 10:45 on Sunday mornings. Each week begins with a large group time before separating into age-based groups for workshops.
- Bible themes and stories are introduced and explored over a five week period. Kids are encouraged to touch, taste, feel, hear, and experience the story through different media and materials.
- Our classrooms are very inviting and kid-friendly. Props, toys, and decorations create a unique feel in each room.
Each Week in Sunday School
Children are enriched each weekend in Sunday School with strategic and fun programming!
Sunday Morning Live
Here the lessons come alive through books, drama, and storytelling. We use activities and games that encourage kids to relate the Bible lessons to their everyday lives.
Art in Heaven
This is the place to explore the lessons with a variety of art materials and create projects that encourage kids to share with their families what they have learned
Solid Rock Café
Here, lessons are turned into yummy treats, which we prepare and cook within our own café.
We sing, play, and dance the lessons into life using our voices, musical instruments, or recorded music.
Our own movie theater, complete with a popcorn machine! Here, we get to see the story take place on the big screen.
Sunday Nursery Care
Our caring nursery staff are available to take care of your children ages 0-3 during both the 9:03 & 10:30 am worship services in our clean, vibrant, and fun nursery room.
2017 Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is open to all kids ages 3 through the 5th grade (current school year) and will be held this year the week of June 12. The cost for the week is $25 per child/$40 per family. You can register your children by clicking the link below.
Be a part of Christ’s Carousel!
You can be a part of Christ’s Carousel Sunday School program for kids ages 3 years-5th grade. Each week we learn, create, sing, dance, see, hear, taste, and explore Bible lessons in a variety of ways. And we need caring adults to come and be a part of this experience!
Why should you be a part of Christ’s Carousel?
- You’ll experience Bible stories in all new ways
- You’ll connect with our youngest church goers, building relationships with children and their families
- You’ll explore your own ideas of faith as you interact with kids who are in the process of defining what faith means to them
- You’ll see, feel, and share God’s amazing love
Being a part of Christ’s Carousel is easy! Volunteers commit to two weeks at a time, leading both age groups through the same lesson. You choose the workshop that most appeals to you, choices include Sunday Morning Live (storytelling and games), Joyful Jams (music and science), Solid Rock Cafe (cooking) Art in Heaven (art activities), and MasterPeace Theater (movies). All plans and materials are provided. We meet during the 10:30 service, following the children’s message.