Our Church

Our Church

Mountain View United Methodist Church

We are a dynamic, active, regional, congregation of around 500 people drawing from Boulder, Broomfield, Lafayette, Louisville, Rock Creek, Longmont and adjacent areas. Mountain View United Methodist Church is a community strongly committed to serving others through programs of outreach, service, and mission on the local, national and global levels. Mountain View offers an extensive ministry of music for all ages which enriches the Sunday worship services, and includes special cantatas and pageants during the year.  We offer an intergenerational Christian education program, including Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, study groups, discipleship classes, summer camps, and age-group activities throughout the year. Opportunities exist for spiritual growth and development in small groups featuring friendship, Bible study, mentoring, use of spiritual gifts, and support. We host community organizations who share our commitments to outreach, education, music, service, and mission. Mountain View offers three different worship services each Sunday responding to those seeking a spirit-driven relationship to God in Jesus Christ.


We seek to build a vital and open community on Christ’s foundation. All are welcome here in our mission.

Our History

It was in the fall of 1957 that a portion of the congregation of Boulder First Methodist Church was moved to organize a new church. The first service of Mountain View Methodist church was conducted by Rev. Herbert Miller in the auditorium of the National Bureau of Standards (now NIST) building on Broadway. The charter service was conducted there on February 15, 1958, with 205 charter members.

Two weeks later Sunset Ranch at the corner of 28th and Baseline, became the church parsonage and Sunday School. Sunday worship continued at the Bureau of Standards until March, 1958, when a move was made to the Wesley Foundation chapel.

Groundbreaking for the first church building, along with some Sunday School rooms and an office, was held March 11, 1959. Location of the church was determined by a gift of three and one-half acres of land by Elmer Frasier. The first service in the new building was January 10, 1960. By 1964 membership had increased to more than 900, and groundbreaking for the building now housing the narthex and sanctuary, and additional connecting Sunday School rooms and new offices, was August 30, 1964. The first worship there was April 11, 1965, Rev. Frederick Ingold officiating.

History Continued

The Geneve and Franklin Percival pipe organ was dedicated June 5, 1966. It is still in use. The parsonage at Pawneee and Sioux Drive was presented to the church as another gift of the Elmer Frasier family, and in 1981 a second parsonage was purchased. The stained glass window on the east end of the sanctuary is in memory of the Percivals, and was dedicated in 1965. Carillon chimes were a 1965 gift in memory of the parents of Harold and Fran Frey.

In 1968 the name of the church was changed from “Mountain View Methodist” to “Mountain View United Methodist” to reflect the union in the United States of the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church.

A third building program was completed in 1997. This one expanded the narthex, added a larger elevator, created new, handicapped-accessible rest rooms, and remodeled the sanctuary. In the fall of 2002, a gift from Mel and Marilyn Frasier made possible the purchase and installation of new pews and carpeting in the sanctuary, and a new tile floor in the narthex.


Mountain View is excited to show you all that our church has to offer, choose one of the Quicklinks below to start exploring what Mountain View has to offer you!

Mountain View UMC

We believe you will be impressed by the passion, authenticity and diversity of this sacred community.